Spring 2016 Intern
The Financial Transparency Coalition (FTC) is a global network of more than 150 civil society organizations, thirteen governments, and experts on illicit financial flows (IFFs). By promoting concrete measures to promote financial transparency, we work to address the systemic issues that stifle economic development around the world. The FTC international secretariat is hosted by Third Sector New England.
We are seeking a dynamic intern to join the team for the spring semester. The FTC intern will work out of our offices in Washington, D.C. and contribute to a variety of projects from blog posts to preparations for conferences.
As an intern at the Financial Transparency Coalition, you will gain unique insight into how development organizations from around the world come together to advocate for social change. You will learn about the impact of illicit financial flows on developing countries, and you will also gain well-rounded experience working for an international non-governmental organization (INGO).
- Contribute to short-term research projects on illicit financial flows out of developing countries and the Coalition’s role in the movement to stem them
- Draft blog posts for the FTC website
- Monitor news on illicit financial flows
- Contribute to projects that support the FTC’s day-to-day operations
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate work in international relations, international development, political science, or a related major
- An interest or background in social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and strong research skills
- Interest in the FTC’s mission to stem the tide of illicit financial flows out of developing countries
Preferred Experience or Skills
- Experience using content management systems like WordPress
- Previous internship experience
How to Apply:
A small stipend may be available to lessen the cost of completing this internship. Please email a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample (less than 5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 19th, 2016. (Internship is approximately 12 weeks, with an intended start date of January 10).