Fall 2015 Internship
The Financial Transparency Coalition (FTC) is a global network of more than 150 civil society organizations, thirteen governments, and experts on illicit financial flows (IFFs). By promoting concrete measures to promote financial transparency, we work to address the systemic issues that stifle economic development around the world. The FTC international secretariat is hosted by the Center for International Policy (CIP), a non-profit founded in 1975 to advocate for a foreign policy that promotes cooperation, transparency and accountability in global relations.
We are seeking a dynamic intern to join the team in for the fall semester. The FTC intern will work out of CIP’s office in Washington, D.C. and contribute to a variety of projects from blog posts to preparations for the FTC’s 2015 conference in Jakarta, Indonesia.
As an intern at the Financial Transparency Coalition, you will gain unique insight into how development organizations from around the world come together to advocate for social change. You will learn about the impact of illicit financial flows on developing countries, and you will also gain well-rounded experience working for an international non-governmental organization (INGO).
- Contribute to short-term research projects on illicit financial flows out of developing countries and the Coalition’s role in the movement to stem them
- Draft posts for Twitter, Facebook, and the FTC website
- Monitor news on illicit financial flows
- Help with final preparations for the FTC’s 2015 annual conference in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Contribute to projects that support the FTC’s day-to-day operations
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate work in international relations, international development, political science, or a related major
- An interest or background in social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and strong research skills
- Interest in the FTC’s mission to stem the tide of illicit financial flows out of developing countries
Preferred Experience or Skills
- Experience using content management systems like WordPress
- Previous internship experience
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume with references
- Recommendation letter(s)
Applications can be emailed to Faith Koleszar, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your subject please put your name as well as “FTC Intern”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.